antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Antispam Sniper 3.3.4.3 won't install

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
echo14612

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject: Antispam Sniper 3.3.4.3 won't install Reply with quote

I just tried to install Antispam Sniper x64 on the new version of The Bat! and a fresh install of Windows 10. When I try to load the tpb plug-in from the AntispamSniper folder, I get an error that the file is invalid. When I copy the tpb file to The Bat's program folder, the file seemingly is accepted in the plug-in folder and I'm told to restart The Bat! When I do, Antispam Sniper is not listed as a Plug-in .

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong! I've successfully used Antispam Sniper for years with Windows 7.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When I try to load the tpb plug-in from the AntispamSniper folder, I get an error that the file is invalid.

Apparently you are trying to install 64-bit plug-in in 32-bit TheBat. 64-bit plug-in can be installed only in 64-bit TheBat, and 32-bit plug-in suits only for 32-bit TheBat.
echo14612

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vetaltm wrote:
Quote:
When I try to load the tpb plug-in from the AntispamSniper folder, I get an error that the file is invalid.

Apparently you are trying to install 64-bit plug-in in 32-bit TheBat. 64-bit plug-in can be installed only in 64-bit TheBat, and 32-bit plug-in suits only for 32-bit TheBat.

My copy of The Bat! reads "Version 9.0.6 (64-bit) and installed itself in the Program Files folder. The copy of AntispamSniper I downloaded is sniper-mui-3.3.4.3_x64, but, curiously, it installed itself in the Program Files (x86) folder.
Apparently something else is going on.

Thank you for your quick reply, though.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible to add the installed tbp file in TheBat from any folder. There must be no error messages, except a request from plug-in to restart TheBat.
If the error message about invalid file occurs when you are trying to install 64-bit plug-in to 64-bit TheBat, it looks like the plug-in is added from a wrong folder. Try to delete all existing plug-in instances from disk and install the plug-in once again. Then use the chosen installation folder for adding the plug-in to TheBat.
echo14612

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vetaltm wrote:
It is possible to add the installed tbp file in TheBat from any folder. There must be no error messages, except a request from plug-in to restart TheBat.
If the error message about invalid file occurs when you are trying to install 64-bit plug-in to 64-bit TheBat, it looks like the plug-in is added from a wrong folder. Try to delete all existing plug-in instances from disk and install the plug-in once again. Then use the chosen installation folder for adding the plug-in to TheBat.

The only tbp file that was installed was to the (x86) folder. When I try to add it from there to the Plug-in, I get the error message. When I copy it to The Bat!'s folder, I don't get the error message, just the restart message. After I restart, however, AntispamSniper has not been installed.

If I had to guess, I'd say my AS installation file is actually the 32-bit file, but I'm not sure what to do about it. I've tried downloading the 64 bit file 3 times without change.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to install the plug-in to a different folder, i.e. change the path during installation. Probably TheBat doesn't have enough privileges to access the tbp file in current installation folder. It is possible to copy the plug-in folder manually with all contained files to a different place on disk.
echo14612

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vetaltm wrote:
Try to install the plug-in to a different folder, i.e. change the path during installation. Probably TheBat doesn't have enough privileges to access the tbp file in current installation folder. It is possible to copy the plug-in folder manually with all contained files to a different place on disk.

This is very odd. I did as you suggested and pointed the install to The Bat!'s installation folder. When I tried installing the tbp file, though, I got the error message. I tried again with the tbp I'd previously copied to the folder and was told to restart. THIS time the plug-in appeared where it was supposed to and has started to work. I don't know what happened and just hope I don't have to do it again soon.

One more question: How do I get the mark as spam/not spam icon back on The Bat's bar?
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

echo14612 wrote:

One more question: How do I get the mark as spam/not spam icon back on The Bat's bar?

It is necessary to enable the plug-in toolbar using TheBat menu:
Workspace | Toolbars | AntispamSniper
echo14612

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vetaltm wrote:
echo14612 wrote:

It is necessary to enable the plug-in toolbar using TheBat menu:
Workspace | Toolbars | AntispamSniper

Thank you so much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: