antispamsniper.com Forum Index antispamsniper.com
The reliable anti-spam protection

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

One Piece of SPAM that will not filter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuart

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:14 pm    Post subject: One Piece of SPAM that will not filter Reply with quote

I have one particular email from a company called HBX. It will not filter even when I select the Mark as SPAM button. Is there anything I can provide to help you figure out why.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is necessary to check the filtering log in plug-in, the fields Status and Reason. If a spam message is classified as 100% non-spam, it is necessary to fix the plug-in configuration.
Stuart

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:08 pm    Post subject: One Piece of SPAM that will not filter Reply with quote

This is from the filtering log:

Classified as Spam
"HBX" <noreply@hbx.com>
New-Ins for Spring: Rhude, Rotol, TEVA, and more!
12 Mar 2022 13:40:17 PM
Blacklisted sender: "HBX" <noreply@hbx.com> ("HBX" <noreply@hbx.com>)

When the email arrives it does not filter. If I select the email and click on the Mark as SPAM button, nothing happens. If I click on the filter button nothing happens.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What protocol is used IMAP or POP3?
Stuart

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:21 pm    Post subject: One Piece of SPAM that will not filter Reply with quote

IMAP
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is necessary to check the integrity of TheBat folders (Folder | Maintenance center). TheBat is responsible for moving the messages marked as spam, so apparently it cannot do this for some reason. If it doesn't help, apparently there is an issue on IMAP server that doesn't allow moving some messages to other folders.
Stuart

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:33 am    Post subject: One Piece of SPAM that will not filter Reply with quote

Would the problem email help to solve this. I could send it to you. I am using a fastmail account and the other SPAM I get filters correctly.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all classified spam messages are not moved to junk IMAP folder, try to change the name of folder for spam on IMAP tab of the appropriate account in plug-in settings. Also it is possible to create the required folder manually and try moving there some messages, to make sure that server allows this.
Stuart

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:53 pm    Post subject: One Piece of SPAM that will not filter Reply with quote

"If all classified spam messages are not moved to junk IMAP folder, try to change the name of folder for spam on IMAP tab of the appropriate account in plug-in settings."

I'm not sure where your setting for the Spam folder is. I did change the name in the accounts Tab, but there are w Junk folders and both seem to be used at different times.

"Also it is possible to create the required folder manually and try moving there some messages, to make sure that server allows this."

I seem to be able to move to the folders without any issues, its just that when I select Mark as Spam it doesn't do anything.
vetaltm
Author

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: One Piece of SPAM that will not filter Reply with quote

Stuart wrote:
I'm not sure where your setting for the Spam folder is. I did change the name in the accounts Tab, but there are w Junk folders and both seem to be used at different times.

The editbox with junk folder for IMAP is selected on the screenshot:

Stuart wrote:

I seem to be able to move to the folders without any issues, its just that when I select Mark as Spam it doesn't do anything.

TheBat moves the messages marked as spam. Make sure that the appropriate option is enabled in TheBat preferences as on the screenshot:

If this option doesn't work, it makes sense to contact Ritlabs support with this issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    antispamsniper.com Forum Index -> AntispamSniper for TheBat! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: